Friday, January 9, 2015

The Old, Chinese Man

Bismillah.

An old, Chinese man was struggling with his wheelchair.

"Sir, let me help you."

"Thank you. It is so nice of you," he replied.

I smiled, pushing his wheelchair to the ticket counter.

"So, where are you from, sir?" I asked, since he was carrying lots of books and brochures.

"I am from an educational fair. There, we were told that to conquer the world, one must have a wide range of knowledge and ability to speak in multi-language. Do you know other language beside Malay and English?"

"Well, I know Chinese and Arabic."

"Oh, Arabic! Kaifa halak means how are you?. Syukzan means thank you, am I right?"

"It is supposedly pronounced as syukran with an 'r', not 'z', sir."

"Oh, syukran."

I nodded.

Indeed, I was impressed.
Despite of his disabilities, the old man is very determined in improving his life.

Even I am not that determined!
Shame on me.

Still, there's always spaces for us to keep improving and developing ourselves.
Just give yourself chance; once, twice or maybe more.

Because people who afraid of making mistakes would never learn something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment